3D acceleration

Tiago Marques tiagomnm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 10:50:28 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 8:34 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On 28/11/2009, at 11:18 AM, Tiago Marques wrote:
>> Well... it seems VIA has people working on 3D support but no one seems
>> to want to review the code...
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=62692B81D079DA49BA9287A3CDF6B41C9FD818%40exchtp12.taipei.via.com.tw&forum_name=dri-devel
>
> It doesn't look like there is anyone who is intentionally avoiding review of the code, but in that mailing list there has not yet been any clear merge of the code.  Can we test this code in our kernel on the olpc-2.6 repository?  Is it sensible to try to merge it with our 2.6.31 source?  Is this something you can test for us?

I can test it out, no problem. The only issue is that this seems more
important for support of the actual 3D driver than the actual 3D
driver. Don't know how far VIA is pertaining the work on the 3D level.
IMHO, it is quite sad that they're paying an employee to get the code
merged and the person is apparently being ignored. The lack of time by
the maintainer certainly doesn't help Linux out on hardware support...

Best regards