Power LED not switching to green even when fully charged

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 04:08:29 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org>wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just noticed that even after a night of charging an XO-1.5 the power
> LED
> > is still orange and hasn't switched to green (as it did with the XO-1
> when
> > the battery was fully charged).
> >
> > I know this is only a tiny detail but I was wondering whether this
> happens
> > on purpose or if this might point to some low-level fault or something?
>
> Its certainly not on purpose and does not happen on my 1.5's.

Odd, after running down the battery yesterday I again charged the machine
overnight and this time the power LED was green in the morning. The only
difference between those two charging sessions was the yesterday I had used
the black generic AC adapter whereas tonight I accidently used the normal
green XO-1 adapter.

I'm sorry that I can't provide more accurate information at this point but
will try keep an eye out for this behaviour and use olpc-pwr-log if it
happens again.

Thanks for your support and answers,
Christoph

--