more on trac

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Nov 21 05:23:45 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 09:38:20AM +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> 1 - tasks & bugs "going forward" -- filed mainly by the techteam and
> some dedicated volunteers that test our builds

Yes, that's what I'm concentrating on.

> 2 - bugs on released versions -- filed by volunteer testers _and by
> our end users_
>
> We can't close the door on #2. Please do add the old releases back to
> the versions to report bugs against.

No, sorry.  The old releases were not present in full, only some of them
were, and there are far too many for this to be a realistic option.
Also, those that were present were not being used, and the number of
tickets with those versions is very very small compared to the whole and
to the number of tickets coming in.  See the analysis below.

I've added back a 1.0 Software version.

> And I've reopened the 8.2.2 milestone, as I am using it.

Yes, that's fine.  Could you place a date and description on it so that
we can understand how you are using it?

--

Analysis of ticket counts by version ... including closed tickets ...

wget -O tmp.csv
"http://dev.laptop.org/query?status=assigned&status=closed&status=new&status=reopened&format=csv&col=version&order=version"
cut -f2 -d, tmp.csv |sort|uniq -c

   4734