more on trac

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 03:38:20 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 01:12:25PM +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> Also -- the old releases are gone from the versions to report bugs
>> against. I don't think those should be pruned (yes tidied up, made to
>> fit current convertions...).
>
> No, I don't want bugs placed against those milestones, as they have
> passed.  If a bug persists in current versions, then please feel free to
> move it to a not-yet-complete milestone.

Those are old releases. Trac is used for 2 things:

1 - tasks & bugs "going forward" -- filed mainly by the techteam and
some dedicated volunteers that test our builds

2 - bugs on released versions -- filed by volunteer testers _and by
our end users_

We can't close the door on #2. Please do add the old releases back to
the versions to report bugs against.

And I've reopened the 8.2.2 milestone, as I am using it.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions