XO in 2 identical SSID scenario

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 13:51:16 EST 2009

Hi!

thanks Andres for posting about this.

Andres is running a patched NM with a fix for
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9715 . And what he has found is very
interesting -- with NM 0.6.5 + wpa_supplicant, on every scan, if we
see more than one signal, we always prefer the first one 'seen'.

"Seen" means returned first by the libertas driver. Signal quality and
other niceties are completely ignored. So the hops are pretty random.

As he mentiones the next step is to find out what the ap_scan
parameter is. Who's guilty depends on that value, and maybe tweaking
it we can make it behave better.

> Also I would like to share with you that this odd behavior is not present on
> the XO 1.5 with F11, not at least in the tests I runned.

That's really good news.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions