Max throughput with XO on 802.11G

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sat Nov 14 00:43:19 EST 2009

Yep.  There is a lot of overhead, and there are also limitation in
the connection between the host
and the network interface.   You should upgrade to a newer OS image,
however,   You want to have
the latest libertas firmware (this may not improve the performance,
but it makes your results more relevant...)

At best, I expect to see around 20 Mbps.  12 - 16 Mbps isn't bad.
On XO-1.5, the SDIO interface
limits you to around 18 Mbps tops.

Cheers,
wad