Many short writes on ext4 painfully slow -

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:19:07 EST 2009

Discussion on fedora-devel on very slow writing to the device when
large files are written in "short" writes. Maybe the kernel isn't
buffering all the writes together, for whatever reason.

ISTR that we've seen some large-file-writing issues on our side as
well -- some related to the SD card firmware, some more likely to be
in the FS stack.

Thread at http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-November/msg00525.html