Generating pot file for I18N

Henning Bredel h_bred01 at uni-muenster.de
Sun Nov 8 10:54:49 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 15:40 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 14:06, Henning Bredel <h_bred01 at uni-muenster.de> wrote:
> > I'm trying to enable I18N in my activity using the guide here:
> >
> >  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Internationalization_in_Sugar
> >
> > Unfortunately I get an error when running `./setup.py genpot'
> > in my source directory. The error:
> >
> > ,---------------
> >
> > xgettext: error while opening "plugin.py" for reading:  \
> >   No such file or directory
> > ERROR - xgettext failed with return code 1.
> >
> > `---------------
> >
> > plugin.py lays in a submodule. Can someone point me to what
> > i'm doing wrong here?
>
> Not sure, but this is the relevant source:
>
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar-toolkit/repos/mainline/blobs/sucrose-0.82/src/sugar/activity/bundlebuilder.py#line331
>
> Any idea why it's not getting the right path?

Tomeu,

thanks for replying.

I debugged the code and it seems that bundlebuilder.py is only
collecting filenames instead of taking possible relative paths
of each file within a submodule.

I'm not sure if that is the intended way of bundlebuilder.py,
so I'd appreciate if s/o could give some more information on
that either by revealing wrong usage or (that would be great)
to give a workaround make genpot generating pot files for the
whole project (including submodules).

Thanks a lot.

  Henning