versioned partitioned upgrading: clean up / config creation

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Nov 4 06:13:42 EST 2009

Hi Michael,

Last question for now:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Early_boot#Clean_Up

This part of the page seems to suggest that you only create
a /versions/configs entry for systems where an unpartitioned layout is
being used, and no config would be created for a partitioned layout.

Am I reading that right?

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around the whole system and
perhaps I'm missing something obvious .. Perhaps you designed it so that
boot configs in /versions/configs are not necessary when we are booting
from a partitioned system, because the "current" and "alt" image hashes
can be deduced from the symlinks on the boot partition at /boot
and /boot/alt ?

Thanks,
Daniel