json parser in python - stream-based?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed May 20 06:15:44 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking for a json parser that is stream (+callbacks) oriented so
I can read through a larger-than-memory json file and only actuall
read into memory the parts of it I'm interested in. Big plus if it's
pure python or based on hooks to the existing json parser.

Good hints appreciated :-)

Background - cjson-formatted lease files can get truly huge, and we
just fail to handle that. This is a problem for large deployments,
where the repair centers want 'magic revival usb sticks' that have
(short-lived) leases for all the (non-stolen) machines that the
deployment has.

Whatever new code can handle that, it needs to run in the initrd, so
additional compiled dependencies are a big hurdle...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions