VGA questions

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Mon May 18 11:39:04 EDT 2009

guylhem wrote:
 > Hello
 >
 > On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 20:54, Bobby Powers <bobbypowers at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > on a B4 (which just needed the VGA connector, no other components),
 >
 > Same here. I have a spare B4 board for these tests (I would like to
 > reproduce the identical picture of the XO on a projector for a
 > formation - and I'm talking about openfirmare and all)
 >
 > > I was able to
 > > drive full screen video on a large LCD from the XO, so its not
 > > useless
 >
 > That's just what I want to do. No internal LCD mirroring - plain VGA output only
 >
 > So far I've been stopped by :
 >  - the video routing question (CN18)
 >  - the plug. I would like to avoid soldering wires to a VGA plug.
 >
 > Soldering the plug should take less than 5 minutes once I get the
 > correct type from digikey/mouser

looking at an A-test board, the connector is a "Suyin" part (marking
very tiny, on the front face).  the back has a number "26147".

looking at their website, it seems like it might be one of these:
    http://www.suyinusa.com/Parts%5CDesktop%5C070435FR015S2164U.pdf
    http://www.suyinusa.com/Parts%5CDesktop%5C070922FR015S201CY.pdf

(i found these under "All Desktop Connectors" at
    http://www.suyinusa.com/all_products.asp )

i can't find the calipers right now, so i can't verify any dimensions
from the technical drawings.  i can do that, though.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org