Does antitheft.py in olpcrd ever do anything?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue May 5 00:24:33 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2009/5/4 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:

Init (PID 1) was chosen because it has some unusual security
properties in the Unix world: it can't be killed, signals are
delivered specially, it lives in a special kernel namespace, etc.  As
far as I know, the plan is to implement "real" EC-based security for
Gen 1.5; I recommend ditching the init-based plan completely (too
costly to implement properly) and relying on the EC-based scheme.  It
was a hack to cover a hardware deficiency, its time has passed.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )