I2C bus assignments

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Fri May 1 03:36:40 EDT 2009

I have a bad feeling about swiping the CRT I2C. It kind of leaves
a needless landmine for video driver authors who would prefer to
unify their code (XO and non-XO hardware) as much as possible.
Suppose a video driver attempts E-DDC. Is it going to confuse
some non-compliant I2C device or actually hit the address in use?

Bit banging the DCON sounds OK. Your comment about the DCON bug
makes this appealing, but is also worrisome. Is this not fixed
in current chips? (if not fixed, and you do decide to fix it,
please also make the two image quality fixes I requested)

You didn't mention bit banging the camera. If you're bit banging
anyway, the fact that the camera isn't correct I2C is no issue.
(please tell me I2C is for control only, not streaming video)

You didn't mention bit banging the clock generator. Impossible?