Active Antennas...

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Tue Mar 17 22:04:05 EDT 2009

Because, unlike traffic to/from an AP, XO/XO traffic uses broadcast
to perform route discovery before sending the payload.   This broadcast
is repeated by all XOs that hear it...
Routes are discarded after 5 - 10 seconds, so route discovery happens
frequently.

I didn't design it, I'm just explaining it.
wad