Pootle and {{OBX pot}} {{OBX pootle}}, help! can I simplify these templates?

S Page info at skierpage.com
Mon Mar 16 01:59:20 EDT 2009

Back in 2007 User:Xavi created a
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:OBX_pot that lets you say where your
activity's POT file is.

But it also tries to flag whether the activity is translated into a key
set of languages.  E.g. if you don't give it an "ar" parameter, it adds
the activity to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:PO_wanted_lang-ar

Can I *please* scrap this category logic?  It's fragile, the set of
languages is dated, and I'm sure there are other ways in Pootle and the
new http://activities.sugarlabs.org to see the languages into which an
activity has been localized.

Similarly, Xavi also gave us
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:OBX_pootle.  You again provide the
URL to a POT file but also a Pootle project name such as "fructose", and
it generates a hardcoded set of links within
https://dev.laptop.org/translate/ for
   am, ar, en, es, fr, ha, hi, ig, ne, pt, ro, ru, rw, th, ur, & yo
e.g. https://dev.laptop.org/translate/th/fructose/

This works, but the set of language links is pointless -- you can go to
https://dev.laptop.org/translate and immediately click on any language
or project.  So can I *please* remove the set of language links from
this template?

Thanks!
Janitorially yours,
--