debxo ohmd testers wanted

quozl at laptop.org quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 9 05:55:43 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 04:49:37PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Would you like to (co-)maintain the package in Debian? I'd be happy to
> sponsor uploads and/or co-maintain.

I guess so, but I don't know what that requires.

> Comments on files I looked at so far:
>
> control:
> 	Standards-Version should be upgraded to 3.8.0 (after checking)

I don't know how to check.

> 	long description is too short (you wrote more in the mail I'm replying to :)

Fixed.  See patch attached.

> 	misses homepage: and vcs-pseudoheaders

Fixed homepage, don't understand vcs-pseudoheaders.

> copyright:
> 	misses copyright owner
> 	misses download location
> 	misses short GPL blurbs
> 		(see http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html)
> 	mentions GPL but links to GPL-2

Fixed.

> README.Debian
> 	unneeded with current content (see above)

Replaced with different content.

> changelog:
> 	version number should rather be something like 0.1.1.git20090304-1

Left as is, until you join in.

> 	we should file an ITP bug, so we can close it here ;) (rather to tell
> 		others about out intentions to put this software into Debian)

Don't know how to do that.

> postrm+postinst:
> 	unconditionally ending with "exit 0" looks wrong

Okay.  107 of 1051 packages on my system
/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.postinst ended with "exit 0".  Should the package
fail to install if update-rc.d fails?

> 	are those files needed at all? I mean, shouldnt debhelper/cdbs create them,
> 		if they contain autogenerated code only?

Don't know.

> rules:
> 	simple-patchsys.mk is unused, and if, I'd prefer patchsys-quilt.mk

Don't know.

> Do you have a vcs where you maintain this?

Created just now.

git clone http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/ohm.git/