debxo ohmd testers wanted

Holger Levsen holger at
Thu Mar 5 10:49:37 EST 2009

Hi James,

On Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, James Cameron wrote:
> I've packaged ohmd for debxo, and done some minimal testing.  I'd like
> other debxo users to have a go at it.

> Packaging improvements welcome.  I'm yet to learn some tricks.

Would you like to (co-)maintain the package in Debian? I'd be happy to sponsor
uploads and/or co-maintain.

Comments on files I looked at so far:

	Standards-Version should be upgraded to 3.8.0 (after checking)
	long description is too short (you wrote more in the mail I'm replying to :)
	misses homepage: and vcs-pseudoheaders

	misses copyright owner
	misses download location
	misses short GPL blurbs
	mentions GPL but links to GPL-2

	unneeded with current content (see above)

	version number should rather be something like 0.1.1.git20090304-1
	we should file an ITP bug, so we can close it here ;) (rather to tell
		others about out intentions to put this software into Debian)

	unconditionally ending with "exit 0" looks wrong
	are those files needed at all? I mean, shouldnt debhelper/cdbs create them,
		if they contain autogenerated code only?

rules: is unused, and if, I'd prefer

Do you have a vcs where you maintain this?