debxo ohmd testers wanted

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Mar 5 10:49:37 EST 2009

Hi James,

On Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, James Cameron wrote:
> I've packaged ohmd for debxo, and done some minimal testing.  I'd like
> other debxo users to have a go at it.

Cool.

> Packaging improvements welcome.  I'm yet to learn some tricks.

Would you like to (co-)maintain the package in Debian? I'd be happy to sponsor
uploads and/or co-maintain.

Comments on files I looked at so far:

control:
	Standards-Version should be upgraded to 3.8.0 (after checking)
	long description is too short (you wrote more in the mail I'm replying to :)
	misses homepage: and vcs-pseudoheaders

copyright:
	misses copyright owner
	misses download location
	misses short GPL blurbs
		(see http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html)
	mentions GPL but links to GPL-2

README.Debian
	unneeded with current content (see above)

changelog:
	version number should rather be something like 0.1.1.git20090304-1
	we should file an ITP bug, so we can close it here ;) (rather to tell
		others about out intentions to put this software into Debian)

postrm+postinst:
	unconditionally ending with "exit 0" looks wrong
	are those files needed at all? I mean, shouldnt debhelper/cdbs create them,
		if they contain autogenerated code only?

rules:
	simple-patchsys.mk is unused, and if, I'd prefer patchsys-quilt.mk

Do you have a vcs where you maintain this?

regards,
	Holger