[Sugar-devel] testers wanted: grab keys, and touchpad rotation

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Wed Mar 4 17:49:01 EST 2009

bert wrote:
 > Just tried it on my XO at build 800 - works like a charm, both the
 > scrolling and rotation. Yay!

 > The only nit I have to pick is the inverted direction of scrolling.
 > With both a scroll-wheel and my MacBook's "two-finger" scroll, moving
 > down does scroll down. I understand about the grab metaphor implied by
 > the key caps, but since we're not actually grabbing but scrolling,
 > IMHO it should scroll the other way.

if you edit /etc/events.d/olpc-kbdshim and add a "-r" to the
olpc-kbdshim invocation line, you can try that behavior to see
how you like it.

edit, then:
    initctl stop olpc-kbdshim
    initctl start olpc-kbdshim

others should weigh in on this.  you'll remember that it was the
big question i raised last week.  i think i agree with you, but i
also think it's hard to put oneself in the shoes of a user who
has never used a scrollbar before.

who is hoping he can send at least one message today without botching
the From line, the Subject line, or the To line.
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org