What to expect from developers, are there any left? (was Re: rotate button sucks on the XO)

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Mon Mar 2 05:19:00 EST 2009

Sorry, I wanted to post it toplevel.

pgf at laptop.org wrote:

> >   but like david, i think
> > that currently neither olpc nor sugarlabs is going to foster or
> > champion their use:  olpc has no resources for s/w development,
> > and as far as i can tell, sugarlabs is targeting other h/w
> > platforms just as strongly as the XO -- and other platforms don't
> > have these screen issues.

Witch the recent disbanding of the development team I simply cannot see
what will happen to the XO development. I mean that 8.2.1 will be
released and 9.1.0 is dropped but what I do not understand is what will
happen with all the development for 9.1.0? What I heard is that those
will be pushed upstream (whatever that means) but it is not clear if
reporting bugs or talking about button layouts on the game pad will
result in a new software release or is just a waste of time. What I mean
is that should I also subscribe to some Fedora devel list (note that I
do not know sh*t about linux development, packaging or anything like
that) to keep informed or what?

Currently I am writing a nice activity which teaches kids what to do
when alien spaceships attacks Earth and it will take some time to
finish. What should I do next?

Can some insider comment on these issues please?