XO memory size

Derek Zhou agonyzhou at comcast.net
Mon Mar 2 05:01:41 EST 2009

On Thursday 26 February 2009 05:09:27 pm James Cameron wrote:
> > Something is wrong with my olpc in either the xserver or hardware. For
> > other non-drawing tasks its speed seems to be reasonable.
>
> Yes, something is wrong.  Have you another XO you can test?

Now I narrowed down my X related slowdown to one culprit, and I still cannot
believe it:
It's not different versions of debxo or hardware or nand vs usb or jffs2 vs ext3,
It is the window manager I am using: windowMaker.
I've been using windowMaker together with rxvt since forever and both softwares
are very stable (to the point of stagnant) and why oh why windowMaker, rxvt and
olpc make such an unholy threesome.

Derek