Create and sign Country specific XO image

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Fri Jun 26 00:47:46 EDT 2009

Philip,

talk to reuben caron about getting the image signed.

Personally, i think you are better off unlocking your XO's and using and
unsigned image.

If you want to create a custom image, my best recommendation is that you
contract Ties Stuij or someone at OLPC to do it for you. Reuben may or
may not have the resources to do it himself.

Creating a custom image is a fair amount of work and you always have to
change it later.
On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 11:25 +0700, Philipp Kocher wrote:
> Hello
>
> Cambodia is getting 1000 new XOs very soon. This are the first ones with
> a Khmer keyboard.
>
> To make the installation process easier, I would like to create a
> country specific image based on build 802, which includes Khmer keyboard
> support, fonts, the newest language pack with software translations,
> Activities and some customizations.
>
> I found just very few information about creating a country specific
> image (mainly from Nepal):
> http://tiezemans.wordpress.com/2008/12/30/customizing-the-xo-image/
> http://blog.olenepal.org/index.php/archives/183
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customizing_NAND_images
>

> How can I get a country specific image file signed?
>
> Which other customizations or bugfixes are recommended to be included
> (e.g. like the ones from paraguay
> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2009-March/023788.html)?
>
> Detailed instructions from other deployments about creating an image are
> very welcome.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Philipp
Bryan W. Berry