Create and sign Country specific XO image

Philipp Kocher philipp.kocher at gmx.net
Fri Jun 26 00:25:02 EDT 2009

Hello

Cambodia is getting 1000 new XOs very soon. This are the first ones with
a Khmer keyboard.

To make the installation process easier, I would like to create a
country specific image based on build 802, which includes Khmer keyboard
support, fonts, the newest language pack with software translations,
Activities and some customizations.

I found just very few information about creating a country specific
image (mainly from Nepal):
http://tiezemans.wordpress.com/2008/12/30/customizing-the-xo-image/
http://blog.olenepal.org/index.php/archives/183
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customizing_NAND_images

How can I get a country specific image file signed?

Which other customizations or bugfixes are recommended to be included
(e.g. like the ones from paraguay
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2009-March/023788.html)?

Detailed instructions from other deployments about creating an image are
very welcome.

Thanks and best regards,
Philipp