Problem creating .xo bundle

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Jun 22 23:05:09 EDT 2009

Hi Art,

On 23 Jun 2009, at 03:40, Art Hunkins wrote:

> I've got an XO Activity ready to go, and working perfectly in my (XO)
> Activities folder. (It's called OurMusic.activity.)
>
> I just can't seem to make an .xo bundle of it.
>
> From my activity's folder (OurMusic.activity) I run:
> ./setup.py dist_xo
> and get:
> : No such file or directory
>
> If I run:
> setup.py dist_xo
> or just
> setup.py
> I get:
> bash: setup.py: command not found
> (and setup.py is right there in the folder, with correct permissions.)

Hmmm, so setup.py does have execute permissions (chmod +x setup.py)?

> Can someone give me guidance, please? (Happy to send along my
> setup.py,
> MANIFEST and activity.info files if relevent.)

My setup.py's just look like this:

#!/usr/bin/env python
from sugar.activity import bundlebuilder
bundlebuilder.start()

Running ./setup.py on its own should just give you its usage
instructions.

What environment are you developing under? Might give us some more
clues :-)

Regards,
--Gary