Bootloader question

Guylhem Aznar olpc at guylhem.net
Mon Jun 1 22:58:09 EDT 2009

Hello

I'm still preparing my custom images for the Haïti project, and I am
quite disturbed by the JFFS2 boottime. From what I've read on the
wiki, JFFS2 is here only because OFW doesn't know how to use UBIFS.

This brings a question - is it possible to replace OFW with something
that could use UBIFS? Say coreboot , or even a bios with grub,
anything will do!

If there's no security, if there's little functionality, not field
upgrades etc, it will just be fine as long as it can boot any quicker.

I just can't keep the boot delays currently experienced with jffs2

--
Dr. Guylhem Aznar, MD PhD

Unité d'Analyse Médico-Économique
Service de Santé Publique et d'Économie de la Santé
Pôle SPSSR
CHU de Fort de France
BP 632
97261 Fort De France Cedex