new F11-for-XO1 images available for testing

Daniel Drake dsd at
Wed Jul 29 00:53:23 EDT 2009

2009/7/29 rihoward1 at <rihoward1 at>:
> Any thoughts on moving from jffs to ubifs ?
> Seems like ubifs has really improved in stability recently.

I think we are ready to do this without too much hassle - but first
let's wait until someone has actually made and published a build and
offered some kind of loose commitment to doing this on a regular

At that point, the relevant links are:

I think the only remaining question from the earlier work was about
the readings given by df -- but upstream justified that behaviour, so
that is no longer an outstanding issue.

The work will then be to:
 - modify the build system to build partitioned images (we need jffs2
for /boot) -- I wonder if this will cause complications given the OLPC
versioned filesystem layout...
 - modify livecd-iso-to-xo to make a ubifs filesystem for the root,
and jffs2 for boot
 - teach dracut how to boot from UBI