Disk layout for XO-1.5

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Tue Jul 28 16:30:23 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 04:16:18PM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:

> it's kind of surprising that no one has (or, maybe they have and
> i'm once again unaware) developed easy to use partition and fs
> resizing technology to help solve this problem.
It's called Logical Volume Manager (LVM [1]) and has been around for
nearly a decade now. I've used it on every system I installed in the
past few years (only /boot is not on LVM); it's even a standard option
in the partition configuration of the Debian installer now.
Whether using LVM for a 4GB flash disk in the XO makes sense is a
different question, though.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_(Linux)

CU Sascha

--