[Testing] new F11-for-XO1 images available for testing

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Jul 28 15:36:45 EDT 2009

Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

>>> currently disabled because it exposed a bug in OFWs ext2 code.
>> That bug is fixed in q3a06, which I released yesterday.
>
> I thought q3 OFW was meant only for XO-1.5 (and would brick XO-1).

Correct.  The XO-1.5 firmware (q3xxx) won't pass the checksum test on an
XO-1 and indeed would brick your system if you were to somehow bypass that.

> Is it true that XO-1 users should __not__ apply q3a.. (and might not
> even need q3a06) ?

XO-1 uses jffs2 so unless the file system is changed to be ext[234] the
firmware fix is not necessary.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child