is anyone actually doing Windows on XO work here?

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jul 21 14:46:35 EDT 2009

[snipped]

> This is largely because you aren't doing normal Linux development.

"Normal". Now there's a term that's relative. Is GNOME normal? Or is it KDE?
Or XFCE, LXDE? Enlightenment, maybe? Sorry, but this approach does not fly.
Sugar is for a specific purpose. Using terms like "normal" only make it more
subjective.

My daughter, who is almost 4 takes to Sugar quite easily, but will not
bother with GNOME on my desktop at home. I was amazed at how easily she took
to playing Implode on the XO in under 5 minutes. I realize that its a
statistic of 1, but having seen the same behavior in so many other children
has only strengthend my support for Sugar as a platform for children.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.