is anyone actually doing Windows on XO work here?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 05:39:37 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Christoph
Derndorfer<christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe I missed it before but I'm really very surprised that this is the
> first time I'm hearing this angle of the story in such detail. IMHO it would
> have made a lot of sense for OLPC to say exactly what Mitch wrote here when
> the Microsoft s*** first hit the fan in May 2008.

Ummm. ISTR public statements saying _exactly this_, though perhaps
with less technical detail. Everyone was blinded by the "OMG MS!"
effect that nobody actually applied neurons to the situation.

Around that time, I spoke in various public events and relayed exactly
that message. Some people understood the intent.

That you don't know doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions