is anyone actually doing Windows on XO work here?

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 04:47:28 EDT 2009

Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Bastien<bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> That's my point.  We can fix this issue by raising an army of small
>> hands that will vote on your (correct) slashdot comment, spread the
>> correct vision, etc.  Or we can hope that OLPC will fix this issue by
>> taking care of what people imagine and try to deliver strong messages
>> on what's really going on.
>>
>> The first "fix" isn't worth the energy - because of course, everyone
>> claims to know about what's really going on.
>
> Why not? Does anybody wait for Linus Torvalds before fighting anti-linux FUD?

Sorry I meant: it's not worth trying to make everyone fix this
communication bug.  But of course, individuals are welcome to fix it!

>> The second fix would be the best one, but OLPC is in a position where
>> any advice coming from the community is not heard.  Maybe there are too
>> many of them.  Or maybe OLPC turned a bit paranoïd about the community.
>
> Or maybe OLPC is a tiny *tiny* group of people, utterly swamped with
> HW, SW, deployment efforts, manufacturing logistics, working with
> governments, etc...?

Yes - that's why I said that there were perhaps too many advice to sort
out the relevant ones.  Still, my point was not to criticise but to try
to understand.

--
 Bastien