No subject

Thu Jul 9 06:32:58 EDT 2009

may make sense to use the older system of zip files (or have, even
translation bundles) and install it under /home/olpc (that can be
easily done, since the patch allows to specify the directory, instead
of hardcoding it, as in Ubuntu). This will

a) Make translations persist across updates
b) Require minimal changes to the existing customization key mechanism
c) Require minimal changes to the existing language pack building mechanism
d) Let users modify/enhance the translations themselves, via a Sugar activi=
ty

Of course, we would miss the bells and whistle that come with RPMs,
but I think this is better than overwriting and moving around existing
MO files (which is what we do now).

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--=20