Availability of XO-1.5 ATest-2 machines

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Mon Jul 20 15:16:39 EDT 2009

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Paul Fox wrote:

> chris wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >    > my understanding from watching discussions here was that when the
> >    > system went to sleep it powered down the display, because there
> >    > was no way to set a timer to wake the system up a little later to
> >    > then turn off the display.
> >
> > Your understanding is incorrect, I'm afraid.  We do not power down the
> > display going into idle-suspend.
> >

> but to be clear, david's right that once the laptop's in this
> state there's no way to turn off the screen automatically later
> on -- the system must be re-awakened with user input, and then
> put to sleep in one of the usual (power switch or lid) ways.
> this is simply a limitation of current s/w.

is this just a software limitation? from the prior discussion I was under
the impression that there was no timer that kept running once the main
board goes to sleep, so you can't program anything to wake you up later to
turn more stuff off. (not a problem normally, because normal systems don't
have displays that can continue to show something once the main board is
off)

David Lang