Availability of XO-1.5 ATest-2 machines

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 20 15:11:41 EDT 2009

Paul Fox wrote:
> but to be clear, david's right that once the laptop's in this
> state there's no way to turn off the screen automatically later
> on -- the system must be re-awakened with user input, and then
> put to sleep in one of the usual (power switch or lid) ways.
> this is simply a limitation of current s/w.

I think this is one of several good reasons why moving to cpuidle would be
big win for XO-1.5  It solves the problem of managing wakeup timers, and
does it in a perfectly abstracted fashion, requiring no alterations to
userspace.  Adding wakeup timer management to "OHM" sounds like a big
pain, and yet another maintenance burden.

--Ben