user-space XO hardware detection

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 23:32:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Walter Bender<walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Albert Cahalan<acahalan at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I suppose the real needs are:
>>
>> 1. detect that the screen has XO-like blur
>> 2. detect that the keyboard has XO-style keys
>> 2a. detect that there is a multiply/divide key
>
> Many of the XO-1 machines do not have a multiply/divide key. It is the
> language key on non-Latin alphabets.

This is why I specifically mention it.

Right now I'm facing a hack: if the screen is 1200x900, then
we assume it's an XO. (both screen and keyboard) A hardcoded
locale list is then consulted to determine if multiply/divide exists.
Eeeeeeeeew. Save me from this.

BTW, last I looked it was painful to deal with D-BUS. I'd like
to do things with as few libraries as possible, in plain C.