XO with no radio...

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Jul 10 23:25:06 EDT 2009

This is the classic "loss of WLAN" problem with the XOs.
We happen to still be looking for additional examples of
those.  Please send me the motherboards and I will send
out replacement laptops (send mailing address.)

There is nothing on the motherboard between the southbridge
and the WLAN module.   The solder connections to the WLAN
module are generally very good.  The general problem appears
to be failure of either the 88W8388 itself or bad solder connections.
I am trying to gather a second batch of samples concentrating
on "no WLAN".

Cheers,
wad