New kernel branch for XO-1 and XO-1.5 development

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:13:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Paul Fox<pgf at laptop.org> wrote:

> plus, no immediate release for the
> XO-1 is even on the drawing board.

D'oh! I would have thought OLPC deployments would want one software
release for XO-1 and XO-1.5. Is a single image simply impossible for
technical reasons -- different firmware, different NAND flash
capacity, different file systems?

I understand OLPC has extremely limited resources.  Maybe you could
provide the raw materials for builds together with scripts that let
more expert users turn them into what they need.  Given the XO-1.5
packages, an XO-1 kernel, the geode driver, the build scripts and a
ton more l33t skillz would I be able to make my own XO-1 image?

Regards,
--
=S Page