New kernel branch for XO-1 and XO-1.5 development

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Jul 9 21:39:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Paul Fox<pgf at> wrote:
> etc).  one could picture an add-on RPM or "extra-modules".
> unfortunately, no other (?) distro does this, so there's no
> convenient packaging format to piggy-back on.

I think that Ubuntu does split some of the modules in their own rpm,
they package

  linux-ubuntu-modules-<VR> for GPL modules
  linux-restricted-modules-<VR> for 'tainted'/nonfree modules

of course it's not rpm packaging, and maybe that's what you meant.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect