New antitheft features in XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:46:26 EDT 2009

In the last couple of days I have wrapped up the new antitheft feature
work that is coming to the XS.

The most visible changes appear in the 'xs-activation' package, which
acts in concert with olpc-bios-crypto and moodle-xs. I have written up
documentation on how to use it in

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS-activation

It is far from perfect. Some help editing would be welcome. Commit
messages are also a good source of info on how it works.

To make it all work, the XO side needs some changes in olpcrd-rootskel
and olpc-update. I have published my patches in the appropriate
repositories; all that is needed is a build engineer on the XO OS side
to build a new olpcrd (tricky) and add the new olpc-update to the
build (easy?).

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com