[Testing] Notes from an impromptu 8.2.1 Release Mtg.

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Jan 31 09:02:13 EST 2009

2009/1/30 Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net>:
> It created a new version of /home/olpc/.sugar/default/nm/networks.cfg which
> differs from the old one only in time stamps and in having the bssids field
> filled in.

Sounds like a pretty critical difference. I would recommend not using
wpa.sh, or at least, not using it when discussing bugs about wireless.
OLPC and the community can't support random scripts outside of the
normal way of doing things.

> As far as I can tell, it's just like it was when I used Wpa.sh:
>  The icon for my AP has a little star.
>  It doesn't connect automatically on boot.
>    I can see the icon blinking for a while.
>    I assume that is when it is trying.
>  It works when I poke the icon.
>   That's after waiting for everything to stop blinking.

OK. Next thing for you to try.
Delete networks.cfg again, per Martin's instructions. Reboot, note
that your AP has a padlock. Enter password until connected
successfully. Then reboot, wait 5 minutes (regardless of whether it
connects to your AP or not), and then send us /var/log/messages. And
check that the AP icon now has a star, even if it doesn't autoconnect.

One more question.. are you saying that build 9 works fine and later
builds do not? That would be very odd because there have been no
changes since build 9 that would affect this.

Daniel