[Testing] Notes from an impromptu 8.2.1 Release Mtg.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 05:56:29 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:48 PM, John Ferlito <johnf at inodes.org> wrote:
> If I run iwconfig while the GUI is trying to connect I never see the
> encryption key set. So maybe network-manager isn't successfully
> setting the WEP key on the interface?

/var/log/messages usually collects a lot of nm output. Can you post
the relevant bits of the log?

Also - if nm has seen the same ap before, with the same essid but with
wpa, it gets _very_ confused. Does removing the nm file (IIRC
.sugar/default/nm/config) help? (note! you have to do it while the nm
daemon is _not_ running. If you rm the file and then restart, the nm
shutdown process re-creates it with the data held in memory.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions