AMD to stop working on Geodes

Jeffrey Kesselman jeffpk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:14:54 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at gmail.com> wrote:
>e of the economic crunch.
>
> This is completely wrong and low-power + efficiency is exactly where
> all computing should go. multicore GHz monsters should be sold to
> people who really need them and not to joe average who just needs to
> surf and do ms office work.

What  makes you think that's all the average Joe does with his computer?

This is a blindness that always amazes me when I see it. Does every
single motherboard now come with
a 3D chip to suf the web and do ms office work?

Since the beginning of the microcomputer revolution people have SAID
they were buyign the computer to
word process, or do spreadsheets, but the number one selling pecie fo
software, the one
comaptability test every clone maker had tio pass, was running MS
Flight Simualtor.

People say they buy computers to work, but by and large they really
buy them to play.  And geodes
wont run modern games so they aren't selling.