multitouch + audio feedback linux dev -> XO-2?

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 09:43:17 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:57 PM, <david at lang.hm> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Wade Brainerd wrote:
>
> Here's to staying focused,
>>

> agreed, but I don't see how you can do a keyboard and not have some
> multi-touch stuff (shift keys to start with)
>
> I am in the group that has serious doubts about the current XO-2 design. I
> suspect that when push comes to shove the idea of the second screen being
> the keyboard will go the way of the crank in the XO-1

You've got a point about the keyboard, in my haste to rant I totally
sidestepped that :)  A piano keyboard would be pretty lame if it didn't
support chords.  That said, I was reacting to the idea that Multi-Pointer X
was the way to handle the screen from a software standpoint.  Instead, if
the hardware supports multitouch, a custom API should be developed just for
the keyboard based on instantaneous pressure.  Multi-pointer would be
overkill to a simple solution.

-Wade