Notes from an impromptu 8.2.1 Release Mtg.

S Page info at skierpage.com
Mon Jan 26 23:33:58 EST 2009

Michael Stone wrote:
> ... how to push 8.2.1 a few inches closer to release.
>
> The main conclusion that we reached after we updated
>
>    http://dev.laptop.org/report/38
>
> was that staging-9 [1] needs some testing!

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing still points to staging-7
and says "The 8.2.1 build is currently identical to 8.2.0".  ??!

The instructions in Friends in testing say "Clean-install the #Build
under test", but I tried olpc-update from 8.2.0 anyway.

`sudo olpc-update staging-9` gives
"I don't think the requested build number exists."

`sudo olpc-update -v -v -v -v -v --latest=staging` gives
"Querying http://antitheft.laptop.org/antitheft/1/"
(that's all)

Is olpc-update possible, or are the instructions correct? :)

--
=S Page