[Sugar-devel] SoaS on the XO progress

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:24:11 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<marcopg at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Yay, stock F10 is now running GNOME fine. Some more things I found:
>
> * I was not using -a when copying the files, so owners and all kind of
> other stuff was not preserved. That's the cause of the hal failure,
> new script attached.
>
> * With selinux enabled you cannot login from the console. Perhaps
> jffs2/selinux issues? I'm just disabling it for now.
>
> -selinux --enforcing
> +selinux --disabled
>
> * rpm does not work. It complains about mmap failure when reading the
> db, jffs2 related?

FWIW, I have noticed mmap errors while trying to deal with large files
(~70MB) on the standard OLPC builds. localedef does not work in the XO
for this (strace shows that it chokes when trying to mmap
/usr/lib/locale/locale-archive)

-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta