Lighttpd problem

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira rodrigopadula at projetofedora.org
Mon Jan 19 12:24:57 EST 2009

pgf at laptop.org escreveu:
> rodrigo padula de oliveira wrote:
>  > pgf at laptop.org escreveu:
>  > > rodrigo padula de oliveira wrote:
>  > >  > Hello Guys,
>  > >  >
>  > >  > I've installed lighttpd in my XO, but when i restarted them, i cant
>  > >  > start the lighttpd service again.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > The problem is with the log files on /var/log/lighttod.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > The system clean this folder when restarting ?
>  > >
>  > > yes.  /var/log is in a ramdisk.  i think you can force your
>  > > directory to be created at boot by adding it to /etc/rwtab (but
>  > > i've never tried this myself).
>  >
>  > Hi Paul.
>  >
>  > I added the files and directory to be created at boot in the file
>  > /etc/rwtab, but it isn't working, files and directory not created!
>
> sorry rodrigo -- i guess i may have misled you.
>
> i see that there are other directories mentioned in that file
> which aren't created at boot either.  perhaps i misunderstood what
> that file is for, though reading rc.sysinit i would have thought
> i was right.

Ok

> in any case, perhaps you can simply add a "mkdir -p /var/log/lighttpd"
> to the lighttpd startup script.  seems like the easiest solution.

Yes, i'm using it, but i'm searching another solutions hehe!

Now i'm working to create a local blog and a blog agregator for XO. So,
i have more one question:

How can i find on the conected mesh network who has a web server running
on port 80 ?

I'm accessing the webserver of one XO in the others using the dev msh0
IP. I have other way to access them (hostname, domain) ??

--

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ