Lighttpd problem

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Mon Jan 19 12:02:40 EST 2009

rodrigo padula de oliveira wrote:
 > pgf at laptop.org escreveu:
 > > rodrigo padula de oliveira wrote:
 > >  > Hello Guys,
 > >  >
 > >  > I've installed lighttpd in my XO, but when i restarted them, i cant
 > >  > start the lighttpd service again.
 > >  >
 > >  > The problem is with the log files on /var/log/lighttod.
 > >  >
 > >  > The system clean this folder when restarting ?
 > >
 > > yes.  /var/log is in a ramdisk.  i think you can force your
 > > directory to be created at boot by adding it to /etc/rwtab (but
 > > i've never tried this myself).
 >
 > Hi Paul.
 >
 > I added the files and directory to be created at boot in the file
 > /etc/rwtab, but it isn't working, files and directory not created!

sorry rodrigo -- i guess i may have misled you.

i see that there are other directories mentioned in that file
which aren't created at boot either.  perhaps i misunderstood what
that file is for, though reading rc.sysinit i would have thought
i was right.

in any case, perhaps you can simply add a "mkdir -p /var/log/lighttpd"
to the lighttpd startup script.  seems like the easiest solution.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org