March date realistic ?
mikus at bga.com
Tue Jan 6 21:07:56 EST 2009
> However, we'll only move the date when we must and we'll only do it to
> improve quality or possibly to include a customer critical feature.
There's about 35 "normal workdays" between the end of XOCamp
and the proposed date for factory-release. As a mere sampling
of the distance that ought to be covered, I'm listing a dozen
regressions (things that worked in 767 but do not in 2615):
- No mesh
- No GUI for moving files USB <--> Journal
- No video
- sugar-install-bundle fails
- page-up in Terminal gets "overdone"
- "Journal" key (Magnifying glass) takes too long to act
- Help Activity fails
- Can't launch Terminal if /etc/olpc-security not present
- Record Activity gets "X system error"
- Incomplete GUI for controlling resources
- Initial state of Power controls shown wrong
- Various Activities do not launch on f10
The above list does not include longer-standing problems,
such as flakiness in wired connection support;
or the lack of alphanumeric sorting in Journal View.
More information about the Devel