child protection + anti-cheating

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 23:56:53 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
>   > How do we prevent cheating between students?
>
> You can't prevent this.

Exactly. I've been working with online tools for education for ~8
years now, and it's interesting to note - paper+pen technology does
not prevent cheating either.

A few times I've been confronted with "this cannot possibly be used in
education until there is no way of cheating with it", ignoring that
books, pen and paper are *great* for cheating. And also for smuggling
questionable printed materials into school too -- books and folders
can hide magazines with porn or political manifestos.

Ban paper, put anyone who owns a printer in jail :-)

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions