status of OLPC project

Victor Lazzarini Victor.Lazzarini at
Fri Jan 9 06:53:46 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I have not been able to work on anything new for OLPC for the past four months,
given my  heavy teaching schedule. However, now I am just about to go on
research leave and one of my goals was to do some work on the music/sound
side of things for the XO. So I am now wondering whether 1) there is
any work to
do, and 2) who to liaise at OLPC, since things seem to have changed
particularly with Jim Gettys leaving. In other words, it would be useful to
get a who's who for the project. Also, what bits are going to be moved out to
sugarlabs (so I wonder if they are the ones to work for now, as far as audio
development is concerned).

I am very sorry for all those leaving and wish all the best for their future.

Victor Lazzarini
Music Technology Laboratory
Music Department
National University of Ireland, Maynooth