automatic reminder of 'software update' when installing a new build

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jan 7 17:14:34 EST 2009

>> I have seen the wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1/8.2 page list
>> Activity versions that were *older* than those listed for "plain"
>> G1G1.
>
> That's exactly as it is supposed to work. G1G1 lists dev versions,
> G1G1/8.2 the stable versions tested with 8.2.

o.k.

My "intuitive" thinking (from the viewpoint of a customer) had been
that "G1G1" would denominate the software versions packaged for the
systems delivered to participants in the fall 2007 offering, whereas
"G1G1/8.2" would denominate the software versions packaged for the
systems delivered to participants in the fall 2008 offering.

mikus